Why You Need an MSP
Let’s start with the basics. Most people (especially those on the far spectrum of the digital divide) are probably scratching their heads and wondering, “What exactly is an MSP?” Well, it is an acronym for the Managed Service Provider. Now that we have that down, it raises another question, “Why do I need one?” We’re here to answer this question and more.
Managed services involve the practice of outsourcing on a proactive basis certain processes and functions intended to improve operations and cut expenses. Managed Service Providers are a type of IT service company that acts as an outsourced third-party providing a server, network and specialized applications to end users and organizations. It is a strategic method adopted by corporations at various levels as a method of improving operations. Some of the big names in the industry include giants such as IBM, Atos, Infosys, Capgemini, and many others.
What services do MSPs provide?
MSP‘s provide a wide range of services, cutting across fields and disciplines. The services they provide include, but are not restricted to:
- Firewall Availability Monitoring
- Security Information Event Monitoring and Log Analytics
- 24x7x365 Real-Time Security Monitoring
- Virus Removal
- Industry-leading Anti-Virus and Anti-Ransomware for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- NOC Services
- Advanced Endpoint Detection
- Critical Application Patching
- IT security
- Network infrastructure
The various services provided by MSPs are vast and limited only by the human imagination.
Why should you partner with an MSP?
Now that we have basic knowledge of an MSP and the many services it provides, it’s time to talk about why it’s so important to partner with one. There are numerous advantages to partnering with an MSP and employing its services. Some are obvious, while others are not. We will walk you through some of the important advantages:
- Access to top talent: MSPs provide users with access to skilled individuals with years of experience and expertise under their belts. This is especially important to new startups that may lack the know-how necessary to operate and benefit from the experience that MSPs bring to the table.
- 24/7 Network Monitoring of Network Devices, Servers, and Desktops: Data is like a river, constantly flowing and ever-changing. MSPs are experts at monitoring and managing this constant stream of data in a way no one else can and transforming it into vital information. By keeping you up-to-date on the constantly changing business sphere, you can keep up with current trends and happenings both within your organization and the industry.
- Asset Inventory and Management: This service is vital for proper bookkeeping and auditing within an organization. MSPs provide a digital framework that accurately follows the flow of products in and out of the system, with important details such as amount, time, cost and much more. This is especially important in combating forgery and other fraudulent activities, particularly when dealing with an enormous amount of products.
- Patches and Updates: MSPs provide the latest in software and IT infrastructure; they keep you updated on the latest data management systems to boost your productivity to the maximum and keep your company running as smoothly as possible.
- Security Alerts and Updates: You can secure your data with the latest in software security and data protection. Receive coaching on how best to protect your cyberspace from hackers, viruses and other forms of malware.
This is just a brief run through of the services provided by MSP’s. I encourage you to partner with one today to boost your productivity and profitability.